Friday, July 8, 2016

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Review (Playstation 4)



Game Title: Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
Genre: Action, Adventure
Developer: Naughty Dog
Publisher: Sony Interactive Entertainment



Uncharted 4: A Thief's End is the grand finale to the awesome Uncharted series. This game is developed by the awesome people from Naughty Dog and published by Sony Interactive Entertainment for the PS4. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End is a sequel from the 2011 game, Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception.




The story takes place years after the events of Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception. Nathan, a retired fortune hunter, is living a normal life when all of a sudden, his brother Sam shows up and brought him back out of retirement for another treasure hunting escapade.

The story is all about trust, betrayal and love. A great story that made me wish that the game will not end. The ending was satisfying though. A masterpiece to the series and definitely my favorite.




The gameplay is still the same cover and shoot game, but with a tougher and smarter enemies to face and eliminate. Covering in a single position will not make you feel safe because enemies will try to circle around you, and or throw grenades at you to make sure Nate will not live long enough. So, you will need to use the surrounding to your advantage and take them by surprise. I love doing stealth kills and it helps a lot in this game, rather than taking a gang of bad guys that will throw everything they got to end your happy life.




One of the most memorable moment for me in this game is the part where that persistent armored vehicle is chasing Nate and his brother while riding a motorcycle. That part is so badass and truly breathtaking. There are also some breathtaking moments like this in the game, but this one is the best among the rest.




The graphics is what really made me dropped my jaw in this game. Most of the time, I find myself just standing there in the vast open, enjoying the amazing view from the distance. The Madagascar part is what I truly enjoyed and spent most of the time in this game. This game is really an eye candy. A graphics that I thought the PS4 couldn't handle, but it just did.


One thing I also noticed in this game is that you can now see the emotion each character gives. The facial emotion is very visible in this game that you can feel the emotion while they are talking in every scene.




The multiplayer is just a bonus to this masterpiece. The multiplayer is a 5v5 team deathmatch. You can also customize your weapon and character by purchasing the items in the shop. I didn't really spend a lot of time in the multiplayer section as I was not really that interested with that mode, not because I didn't like multiplayer game, but I think there is something lacking in that mode that I cannot pinpoint.



Score: 4.5 / 5



Uncharted 4: A Thief's End is the best Uncharted game I've played in the series and definitely a must play game for PS4 owners (You still need to play the trilogy which is also available on the PS4 to better understand the story). The graphics is what really got improved in this game, maximizing the capacity of the PS4. Only thing I didn't like is probably the multiplayer mode. This is the EPIC conclusion to the amazing series.

No comments:

Post a Comment