The FINAL FANTASY XV universe stole the show at this week’s Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3), with stunning new reveals and massive updates throughout the week.
During a special stage presentation, game director Hajime Tabata revealed the “wait mode,” an option that allows players to gain a strategic advantage by momentarily pausing the action and making the game easier to play for those who aren’t versed in action games. While in “wait mode,” the player can freely target enemies, aim magic spells, select teammate abilities, and much more. This mode can be switched on and off at any time during the game.
The reveals included:
- New FINAL FANTASY XV trailer with music provided by Grammy Award winning DJ and Producer afrojack in collaboration with SQUARE ENIX:
- KINGSGLAIVE: FINAL FANTASY XV E3 trailer:
- FFXV UNIVERSE: KINGSGLAIVE FINAL FANTASY XV:
- First in-depth look at the gorgeous city of Altissia:
- Regalia Type-F, the car’s aerial mode:
- Second episode of animated series BROTHERHOOD FINAL FANTASY XV, titled “Dogged Runner”:
Square Enix also revealed A KING’S TALE: FINAL FANTASY XV, a retail exclusive, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 downloadable title that will be available exclusively for those who pre-order through GameStop. Taking place as a fairy tale told by King Regis to a young Noctis, the story is set 30 years before the main game and features retro-style inspired graphics centered around a fast-paced combat system with influences from modern gaming. The in-depth battle system blends intense attacks, devastating magic, mighty summons and unique companion attacks into a singular gaming experience through three diverse locations based on the world of FINAL FANTASY XV.